Welcome to Buckden Pre-School Playgroup
We are a small and friendly village Pre-School Playgroup located in the heart of Buckden. Founded in 1969 we are a member of the Pre-School Learning Alliance and also a registered charity. Easily accessible from the A1, we are ideally located for children not only from Buckden but surrounding villages too.
Welcoming children from aged two years and upwards, we aim to ensure you and your little ones enjoy being a valued part of our Pre-School community.
We aim to:
Provide an enabling environment which encourages every child to be confident and capable learners fostered by secure and respectful relationships where they can grow, learn and flourish.....
- Be inclusive in our practice and approach to every child and ensure they remain safe and well enabling their developmental journey to be positive and meaningful
- Respect every child and their family celebrating their differences and offering support through positive partnerships
- Support every child’s learning journey by enabling the environment and assessing their progress to ensure the very highest of standards are offered
- Provide learning opportunities which enable every child the chance to challenge themselves and achieve their full potential whilst having fun!
- Care for each other and our environment
- Be courteous towards everyone
- Be considerate in all we do and say
Cooperate and work together to make the Pre-School the very best it can be
Located within the Village Hall, our purpose-built facilities include a light and airy playroom, covered outdoor play area and cosy quiet room for registration, reading, story time and generally more peaceful activities. We overlook the play park and are situated within close proximity to the Library which means we can easily and frequently enjoy these facilities alongside our in-house activities.